At Bumble Inc., we are steadfast in our stance against terrorism, violence, Antisemitism and Islamophobia. We are deeply disturbed by the tragic acts of terror that have occurred in Israel, the escalating humanitarian crisis in Gaza and hate-fueled violence unfolding around the world.
Our platforms have always been, and will always be, rooted in kindness and respect for all people. In response to the war, we have activated our crisis management team and have swiftly taken action to ensure that our Bumble team and partners are safe and supported.
Additionally, we have taken action to update our products to help keep our members safe in the region. We have long had policies in place to help support the safety of our community, including our identity-based hate policy that condemns hatred and prejudice against someone’s race, ethnicity, nationality or religion.
Launched a crisis management team composed of our worldwide safety experts with diverse expertise and regional insights, ensuring our ability to swiftly adapt in addressing this rapidly developing crisis.
We have assigned moderators who speak Arabic and Hebrew to review content related to these events. As we maintain our commitment to prioritizing the well-being of our moderators, we are rolling out extra resources dedicated to supporting our frontline moderators during this period.
We have updated our policies to swiftly detect and take action on violent and harmful content and interactions.
We have made the following product updates:
- We’ve turned off Compliments on Bumble in Israel/West Bank/Gaza & Lebanon.
- We’ve turned off Recommend to a Friend on Bumble in Israel/West Bank/Gaza & Lebanon.
- The Religion filter and Religion badge on Bumble are disabled for the users who are in Israel, Gaza, the West Bank, and Lebanon; And for Badoo we’re removing the filter by religion in Israel (which currently includes West Bank & Gaza in our internal maps) & Lebanon
- We removed Israel & Lebanon as options for Travel Mode, so users cannot change their location to Israel or Lebanon.
- We reset the travel location for those who already managed to set it to Israel for Bumble and Badoo.
- The match expiration timer has been disabled completely in Israel & Lebanon on Bumble; and
- We have removed the location section in profiles completely.